Access Control System
Teletrend Communications Inc can custom design and install state-of-the-art access control systems to meet your home and business security needs.
Access control systems manage the entry and exit of people through a secure area.
It is a critical aspect of a complete intercom and security system for your building or business. The access control system distinguishes authorized from non-authorized requests for entry.
Access to a building or office can be controlled by a key card, key fob, keypad, or fingerprint reader.
Our access control systems assign a digital signature to each individual.
Upon detection, the controller matches a set of permissions to that digital signature and acts accordingly to either grant or deny access to the individual. Additionally, a log file is created for monitoring purposes, storing the name, time and location of each event (i.e. each entry attempt).
For businesses and buildings, we highly recommend integrating the access control system with your video intercom system, adding security and convenience.
For buildings with locked elevators, the access control system will add even more security and convenience by allowing you to access your floor using an access card, keypad, or finger print reader. Our access control systems can be programmed remotely through the Internet, eliminating the need to pay for service calls when individuals need to be added or deleted from the system.
Access control systems have several advantages over keyed locks:
– With keys, access is all or nothing. If an employee has a key, he can open a door any time of day or night. With access control, you decide when the doors can be used and by whom.
– If a key is lost or an employee leaves, your security is severely compromised unless you re-key all of your locks. With card access, simply tell the system to disable the card in question. All other cards continue to work properly.
– Keys can be duplicated. Access cards cannot. You have no way of tracking who has a key.
– Keys are anonymous. Access control systems create a detailed audit trail so you know exactly whose card opened a door and when. Your employees know this, too, which discourages inappropriate behavior.
– If an employee’s access needs change, the access cards can be quickly reprogrammed. Or, if an employee leaves, you can give his card to a new employee and all the access rights will be reflect the latter persons rights.
– No more big ring of keys. With access control, one card unlocks every door the employee is allowed to open. There is no need for separate keys for each lock. DGA even has access control solutions for unlocking lockers and cabinets and display cases.
Access Control System logs every access attempt to its master database at our secure monitoring center. Email alerts can automatically notify you of important events such as when a location is opened or closed.
Access control solutions can even extend to showroom display cases, equipment cabinets, and storage drawers, smoothing sometimes awkward access problems while tightening security.